Founded in 2013, Cornerstone Capital Inc. is a New York-based financial services firm that provides investment advisory and consulting, investment banking, and strategic consulting services. The mission of the firm is to fuse the discipline of sustainable finance into the mainstream of the capital markets. Cornerstone Capital Group advises both investors and corporations on how to optimize investment and business decision-making processes by systematically analyzing environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors in the investment process. Cornerstone’s Board of Directors, Global Advisory Council and Staff partner with organizations including the World Economic Forum, the Clinton Global Initiative, the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board, the UN Global Compact, and the Principles for Responsible Investment to work towards collaboration and transparency in the global capital markets.
Within Cornerstone Capital, the Research Department produces thought-leading thematic reports that analyze sector and market trends using traditional research methods—augmented by our “sustainability” lens. Cornerstone also produces a monthly publication, the Journal of Sustainable Finance and Banking (JSFB), which amplifies the voice of progressive leaders from a range of disciplines, from corporations, asset managers and asset owners, to NGOs and scholars, engaged in the work of building a more regenerative and inclusive form of capitalism. Access to both our research reports and the Journal are offered to clients of the firm, with some of our thematic content being made available in the public domain as we aspire to drive corporate excellence towards “The Shareholder Alignment Frontier.”
The Research Development and Distribution Analyst will work with the Head of Research Operations and our Research and Business Development teams to leverage Cornerstone’s research in conjunction with the efforts of each of the firm’s business lines. While there will be a focus on the Cornerstone Journal of Sustainable Banking & Finance, the goal is to monetize all the research across the platform.
At a high level, this will entail:
- Developing and executing effective direct marketing strategies to boost subscribership/access to the Journal and our Research products.
- Working with appropriate content forums to construct, promote and sell both the Journal and other research, advisory and consulting offerings.
- Cultivating contacts throughout the ecosystem of sustainability, impact investing and the capital markets.
- Supporting the ResOps head in implementing and administering redistribution agreements.
Tasks will include:
- Conducting market research to identify potential clients and JSFB subscribers.
- Crafting both broad and targeted marketing communications.
- Cultivating relationships at target organizations.
- Establishing clear and accurate tracking of all activities.
- Liaising with third party content distributors and lead generators on day-to-day operations.
As a dynamic and fast-growing company, Cornerstone expects this role to grow and evolve over time to include other responsibilities.
Candidate Profile and Required Experience/Skills
The Research Development and Distribution Analyst will be:
- Articulate, polished and professional, with excellent writing and interpersonal communication skills.
- Conversant and interested in environmental, social and governance issues.
- Self-motivated, eager to learn, and able to handle mundane and technical as well as strategic activities. As an early stage firm, Cornerstone relies on team willingness to pitch in on any and all tasks, from proposing strategy to keeping the pantry respectable.
- Highly ethical in dealings with clients, prospects, vendors and colleagues. Some familiarity with the regulatory framework governing financial services firms is a plus.
Required background and skills:
- Experience managing time-bound projects and adhering to budgets.
- At least five years of marketing experience, with a record of success. (Formal background not required.)
- Experience working with a foundation or other non-profit organizations; familiarity with relevant organizations and networks.
- Technical skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly PowerPoint and Excel. Skills in Microsoft Access or similar database creation/management tools a strong plus.
All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed (religion), color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status or domestic violence victim status, and shall also follow the requirements of the Human Rights Law with regard to non-discrimination on the basis of prior criminal conviction and prior arrest.
The successful candidate will receive variable incentive compensation associated with distribution of the Journal and all research-led products and services, as well as business cultivation for investment advising and consulting work for Cornerstone Capital’s Investment Management team. There will also be an equity component of compensation through our stock option program.
For more information, please contact Betsy.Emerson@cornerstonecapinc.com.