Cornerstone Capital Group is a New York based financial services firm founded in 2013. The mission of Cornerstone Capital is to apply the principles of sustainable finance across the capital markets, enhancing investment processes through transparency and collaboration. Cornerstone Capital Group advises both investors and corporations on how to optimize their financial and business decision-making processes by incorporating the systematic analysis of environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors. We work with asset owners, corporations and financial institutions, promoting new research in the field of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) analysis and facilitating capital introductions for organizations engaged in sustainable business practices. Cornerstone Capital is a WBENC-certified women-owned business.
Cornerstone Capital’s Research team provides the intellectual capital for all of the firm’s business lines. Our Research Analysts integrate analysis on ESG issues into mainstream capital markets sector and thematic research. They also conduct analysis on behalf of the firm’s corporate advisory clients, and participate in due diligence reviews of investment managers being considered for inclusion in Cornerstone’s investment advisory platform.
The Research Associate provides critical support to Cornerstone’s Research Analysts. The Research Associate will find and analyze project-related data, conduct literature reviews, and contribute to reports for publication as well as to projects for clients.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Synthesize and analyze data
- Work with team members to perform fundamental research on companies and industries
- Assist in the creation of financial models
- Prepare presentation and marketing materials
- Support the creation of research on industry trends, regulatory changes, etc.
- Draft reports and articles related to research findings
- University degree in Finance or Economics preferred; other backgrounds will be considered if the candidate has relevant experience or coursework.
- Experience in investment banking, investment management, corporate finance, sustainable or impact investing, or consulting; will consider strong internship experience
- Ability to thrive in a demanding, team-oriented environment
- Excellent analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving and writing skills
- Passion and intellectual curiosity
- Proven ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, as well as ethically sound character
- Working knowledge of global capital markets
- Familiarity with data analysis and large data sets
- Interest in sustainability related topics (ESG, impact investing, etc.) required; experience preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access. etc.)
- All candidates must have eligibility to work permanently in the U.S.
All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed (religion), color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status or domestic violence victim status, and shall also follow the requirements of the Human Rights Law with regard to non-discrimination on the basis of prior criminal conviction and prior arrest.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com