Cornerstone Capital Group seeks a Client Portfolio Manager (CPM)/Business Development specialist to support our CCIA business. The position will be located in New York City and work closely with our Chief Investment Officer and Research & Operations Departments on all aspects of the sales cycle, from lead generation to closing and retention as a relationship manager, for new and existing clients.
The Client Portfolio Manager (CPM)/Business Development role will be responsible for developing relationships resulting in assets being managed by our CCIA business. This leader will have ongoing client management responsibility.
Specifically, our Client Portfolio Manager
- Cultivates strong personal and professional relationships with key individuals at select firms, family offices and conferences.
- Uses knowledge of CCIA’s investment strategies and their macroeconomic underpinnings, and understands how to address the particular needs of a client interested in ESG and sustainable/impact investing.
- Uses Cornerstone’s extensive research to understand external market trends.
- Leverages our internal analysts to understand macroeconomic trends, formulate a strong investment perspective, and identify sales opportunities.
- Proactively shares successes and key learnings more broadly with the Cornerstone team to maximize CCIA’s market share.
- Collaborates, develops, oversees, and guides all relationship management-related activities: initiates contact, builds an extensive pipeline and recommends CCIA’s investment solutions in the most appropriate, cost effective way for sophisticated clients (in-person, phone and email communications.)
- In partnership with internal specialists (i.e., product, operations, investment management, research, etc.) this position serves as a resource to support and strengthen investment recommendations and to provide sales support and service.
- Profiles and understands clients’ needs, identifies gaps in their approach and effectively positions CCIA investment solutions.
- Identifies and proactively addresses, with CCIA’s Chief Investment Officer, potential investment concerns of new and existing clients.
- Performs detailed analysis of complex financial situations in order to propose the appropriate services to the prospect and the prospect’s advisors. `
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Possesses a broad understanding of business development, financial planning and investment management topics with areas of specialty including sustainable/impact investing.
- S/he will have a proven track record of success by achieving significant production and exceeding goals.
- Successful candidates must be able to deal with high net worth individuals, clients with investable assets of $2 million or more.
- Strategic thinker with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Ability to implement strong processes around the firm’s business development functions.
- Creates immediate credibility and impact with a variety of audiences.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Excellent planning, organization and time management skills; ability to analyze and prioritize large amounts of information.
- Adapts to change and demonstrates flexibility.
Ideal candidates for this New York based position will have
- Demonstrated experience growing a relationship based business with quantifiable results.
- A robust network with various resources through direct prospecting, cultivation of external referral sources and creative networking with key influencers.
- A strong demonstrated personal interest in and commitment to corporate excellence, sustainability and sustainable/impact investing with Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) factors.
- Client facing wealth management & proven business development experience
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM system
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, MBA desirable Minimum of 5+ years related experience sales experience and/or demonstrated sales record to be a top producer in the Wealth Management industry
- Series 65, 7 and/or 63 desirable
Cornerstone Capital strives to create an inclusive working environment. We welcome diverse candidates for this role.
Please send a cover letter and resume and compensation requirements with the subject line “[Your Name] – CPM/BD” to firstname.lastname@example.org