Cornerstone Capital Group recently hosted a live video webinar on the intersection of Islamic finance and social responsibility. John Wilson, Cornerstone’s Head of Corporate Governance, Engagement and Research, interviewed Umar Moghul, an expert on the topic and author of the recently published book, A Socially Responsible Islamic Finance: Character and the Common Good.
Among the topics explored:
- How do Islamic values and traditions shape one’s approach to impact investing?
- What are the key needs being filled today by Islamic finance principles? What needs are left unaddressed?
- What are the common themes or objectives shared between Islamic finance and more traditional sustainable investing?
- What can each of them learn from the other?
- How is Islamic finance changing relative to previous generations?
To access video highlights from the session (12 minutes), click here.