Dr. Lionel Vairon is the CEO of both CEC Consulting – Luxembourg and Elysha Business Consulting (Tunisia) working on development strategies of companies and governmental institutions of various countries, assisting them in finding partners in the investment sector, assisting negotiations, etc. He has also been, recently, Special Advisor for the President of the Republic of Niger for two years.
With a PhD in Far Eastern Studies and a Master’s degree in Chinese language and culture and Political Science, Dr. Vairon is well versed on China-related current events, including areas of politics, security, corruption, human rights, media and more.
Dr. Vairon has worked as a journalist and editor, and served as a French diplomat for seventeen years in Southeast Asia and the Middle East, and was assigned for five years at the French Ministry of Defense as expert in the North Africa and Middle East department. He taught at the Institut National des Langues et Civilisations Orientales (INALCO), the Institute des Hautes Etudes Commerciales (HEC) and was Head of Seminar on China Geopolitics at the Collège Interarmées de Défense (War College). He is currently a visiting professor at several institutions, including the China Executive Leadership Academy in Pudong (Shanghai) and lecturer at the Institut des Hautes Etudes de Défense Nationale.
Dr. Vairon is the author of the recently published “China Threat? The Challenges, Myths and Realities of China’s Rise” (CN Times Books, August 2013).
- One Belt, One Road: A Chinese Initiative to Transform the World — 13 Apr 2016
- Russia’s Shift Toward the East — 15 Jan 2015
- China & Russia: Policies and Markets — 14 Jan 2015
- The “Chinese Dream” Chinese Citizens Dream About Health & Environment Improvement More Than About Their Country Being a Superpower — 27 Feb 2014
- China Threat? The Challenges, Myths, and Realities of China’s Rise — 21 Nov 2013