The position of Global Thematic Analyst operates within the Research Team at Cornerstone Capital, Inc. and reports to the Head of Corporate Governance, Engagement and Research. The Research Team produces thematic investment research and other content in support of the business goals of the Cornerstone Capital’s wealth management and corporate advisory business lines. The position operates out of Cornerstone Capital Group’s New York City office.
The Global Thematic Analyst produces thematic investment research that examines the impact of environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors on corporate investment performance for a broad audience including asset managers, wealth management clients, and corporate advisory clients.
- Produce research that integrates ESG factors into thematic analysis.
- Cover a wide variety of themes and industries as a generalist.
- Contribute to the development of frameworks, processes and methods for ESG integration.
- Produce content in support of the business objectives of Cornerstone Capital Investment Advisory (wealth management), related to thematic research topics.
- Serve corporate advisory clients on diverse projects in support of corporate efforts to integrate sustainability into investor outreach.
- Present research in a wide variety of forums to diverse audiences, including asset managers, asset owners, and corporate audiences.
- Participate in business development efforts, including both our wealth management and corporate advisory business lines.
- Contribute to new product development.
- Work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
- 5+ years financial services experience, including experience as an investment analyst;
- Interest in environmental, social and governance issues, with experience helpful but not required;
- Experience as a generalist or willingness to apply research capabilities
- Excellent research skills including detail orientation, analytical, and data driven;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Comfortable communicating with diverse audiences;
- Flexibility, including interest in working in a startup environment that is fluid and dynamic;
- Comfort working in a collaborative, team-oriented environment;
- MBA, CFA or equivalent educational background
All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed (religion), color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status or domestic violence victim status, and shall also follow the requirements of the Human Rights Law with regard to non-discrimination on the basis of prior criminal conviction and prior arrest.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com