Cornerstone Capital continues to grow! We are seeking an addition to our business development team.
The Business Development & Client Relationship Manager is responsible for building and managing relationships with next generation and affluent individuals, foundations, endowments and families. The role is located in New York City and, in partnership with all the professionals at the firm, has responsibility for all aspects of the sales cycle, from lead generation to closing and retention as a relationship manager, for new and existing clients interested in sustainable/impact investing.
- Engage and educate young wealth holders to establish connectivity between their values and their investments.
- Increase their understanding of Cornerstone’s value proposition and secure new investment advisory clients for the firm.
- Build knowledge resources that advance Cornerstone’s brand and the field of impact investing by serving as a resource to Cornerstone’s Research team in the development of thought pieces and issue briefs of interest to millennials.
- Support in the development of marketing materials, communications, webcasts, and other brand building efforts.
- Manage a strategic social media marketing plan.
- Respond to prospect/client inquiries, providing product and service informational materials upon request, and ensuring completion of such inquiries.
- Conduct proactive new business oriented calls from prospect lists.
- Augment the efforts of the entire investment advisory business development team as needed.
- Demonstrate a strong personal interest in and commitment to corporate excellence, sustainability and sustainable/impact investing with Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) factors.
- Use knowledge of Cornerstone investment strategies and their macroeconomic underpinnings, and understand how to address the particular needs of a client interested in ESG and sustainable/impact investing.
- Use Cornerstone’s extensive research to understand external market trends.
- Engage prospective clients in dialogue about their needs and requirements in order to assist the investment team in recommending appropriate investment strategies.
- Manage approved travel and entertainment budget and expenses effectively.
- Enter new prospects and clients in CRM (Salesforce).
- Process sales data, progress reports, and other related records.
- Maintain all emails, client histories, RFPs, proposals and meeting notes in CRM.
- Use internal and external databases, systems, and resources to identify and screen potential prospects.
- Represent firm at conferences and other industry events.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Possesses a broad understanding of business development, financial planning and the investment management industry with areas of specialty including sustainable/impact investing.
- Highly skilled, presenter and facilitator.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Excellent planning, organization and time management skills; ability to analyze and prioritize large amounts of information.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3 or more years in financial services with an emphasis on customer service/sales.
- Database management experience.
- PC Skills and knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce and other related programs.
Please send letters/CVs to email@example.com