Thank you for your interest in Cornerstone Capital Group. We pride ourselves on offering a dynamic, professional working environment.
All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed (religion), color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status or domestic violence victim status. We also follow the requirements of the Human Rights Law with regard to non-discrimination on the basis of prior criminal conviction and prior arrest.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Cornerstone Capital Group is looking for a talented candidate to join us and become instrumental in helping our company reach its full potential.
This newly created position will offer an excellent platform for the right individual to build and develop a solid business understanding, with the role responsibilities being spread over the key supporting functions of the Company – namely Finance, Operations, Client Service, Compliance and HR. The position will be based in our New York Headquarters.
As a growing company, we are looking for a hands-on, flexible and enthusiastic candidate who is prepared to assist with both our day-to-day operations and assigned projects. The successful candidate will be responsible for the execution of all daily and month-end finance tasks. The candidate will also provide both routine and project-specific support across Finance, Operations, Client Service, Compliance and HR. Exposure to each of these key areas of the business will provide an excellent platform for the right candidate to build and develop their business acumen.
The ideal candidate is a utility player ─ someone who can take on tasks, own them, and excel, while also showing confidence in challenging the status quo and ultimately contributing to the ongoing development of the firm’s financial and business systems and processes.
Core Financial responsibilities will include:
• Ensuring financial records are up to date and producing accurate financial reports within specific deadlines (including the preparation of monthly management accounts – supported by meaningful commentary and analysis)
• Performing cash reconciliations on a daily basis, including manual cheque reconciliations as well as bank account and ledger account reconciliations as deemed necessary
• Posting supplier invoices to the system and ensuring payment of suppliers in a timely manner
• Executing month-end tasks in addition to those noted above in a timely manner
• Managing the income and payment processing cycles
• Working with our Professional Employer Organization (PEO), manage HR-related activities including onboarding of new hires, supporting employees with benefit enrollment and administering payroll
• Administering & managing billing functions on a timely basis
• Providing support to the external auditors during the external audit process
Core Operational responsibilities will include:
• Assisting with client onboarding activities for new clients
• Assisting existing investment advisory clients with service-related requests, ensuring capture of relevant data into our client relationship management (CRM) system – Salesforce
• Assisting in preparation of documents for client account reviews (Annual/Quarterly)
• Ensuring service request entries into CRM are reconciled weekly
• Maintaining investment advisory client data management – shared drive, client files and CRM
• Supporting Client Services/Operations team with quarterly client reporting & billing
• Assisting Chief Compliance Officer with compliance-related monitoring/practices
• Ad hoc projects
The above list is not exhaustive.
• Undergraduate degree in Finance or Accounting. CPA or MBA a plus
• 3 – 5 years of work experience with accounting and audit experience. Experience in investment advisory business strongly preferred
• Highly motivated self-starter with common sense and demonstrable initiative
• Ability to function well independently and as part of a team
• Highly organized with strong analytical skills, excellent attention to detail and sound judgement
• Strong IT skills including MS Office, QuickBooks, Salesforce
• Positive, professional and hard-working attitude and an individual who takes ownership of & accountability for their workload
• Ability to prioritize tasks and work under pressure and to strict deadlines
• Possesses a broad understanding of the investment advisory industry, with an interest in sustainable/impact investing.
• Most importantly, passion for and willingness to contribute towards business growth
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Cornerstone offers a comprehensive and generous benefits package, including our employee stock ownership plan.
How to Apply
All candidates must follow the following submission process for their application to be accepted. Only candidates should apply; applications from recruiters will not be accepted.
Please submit your resume and mandatory one-page cover letter with your salary requirements in Word or PDF format by email to FO-Application@Cornerstonecapinc.com. The subject header of your email should state “Financial Operations Analyst.”
In your cover letter, identify the position you are applying for (Financial Operations Analyst) and how you heard of the job opening at Cornerstone. Applications received without a cover letter or separate resume will not be accepted.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
All applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, physical/mental disability, medical condition, military/veteran status, genetic information, marital status, ethnicity, alienage or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. By completing this application, you are seeking to join a team of hardworking professionals dedicated to consistently delivering outstanding service to our customers and contributing to the financial success of the organization, its clients, and its employees. Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all qualified persons. Those applicants requiring accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should contact a management representative.