Erika Karp, Founder and CEO of Cornerstone Capital Group, Inc., shared her views on the evolution of business models during a panel discussion at the Clinton Global Initiative’s (CGI) Winter 2014 Meeting in New York.
Erika Karp appeared during the Clinton Global Initiative “Plenary Session: Reimagining Impact,” moderated by President Bill Clinton.
More than 500 attendees from across the global financial, public and private sectors attended the Winter 2014 Meeting, where Karp and her fellow panelists focused on the following themes:
- How is the private sector redefining their role in society, creating not only financial value, but social and environmental value?
- How can CGI members best assess their operations and investments to create economic, social, and environmental value?
- How can technology and big data be used to help identify and define traditionally non-quantifiable outcomes?
Karp’s timely and motivating philosophy is to create an impact on the future and to “Accelerate the Velocity of MoneySM” toward small and medium-sized enterprises (SME’s) pursuing sustainable growth and development globally. “Our goal is to foster corporate excellence which we define as the relentless pursuit of material progress towards a more regenerative and inclusive economy,” says Karp. Cornerstone Capital Inc., founded in 2013 is a financial services firm that brings the discipline of sustainable finance and analysis to the mainstream of the global capital markets by offering investment banking, strategic consulting, and shortly investment management services. Its flagship product is the monthly Journal of Sustainable Finance & Banking that offers global perspectives on progress towards sustainable finance, banking and capitalism across regions and industry sectors.
- The principles of a sustainable finance culture and how it can impact investors’ decisions
- How to drive greater transparency and collaboration across the capital markets
- How to encourage corporations to optimally implement and articulate strategies for sustainable growth and excellence
- How to identify parallel possibilities for People, Planet and Profits
- How to measure ROI as it relates to simultaneously achieving competitive financial, environmental and social returns on capital
Karp is the author of numerous articles and reports on the future of sustainability, environmental and governance principles, including Forbes: Sustainable Capitalism…If not now, then when? and Wall Street Week: To solve today’s complex global problems we must Embrace the Grey. She is the Ambassador for the International Integrated Reporting Council (IIRC) and was recently named among the nation’s most innovative leaders in the “The Purpose Economy 100.”
Karp is scheduled to speak at a number of events in 2014 including:
- 2014 International Women’s Day Forum – United Nations
- Sustainable Strategies Conference – Miami
- Conference Board Sustainability Summit – New York
- Sustainability Day – Stockholm, Sweden
- US SIF Annual Conference – Washington, DC
About Erika Karp
Erika Karp is the Founder and CEO of Cornerstone Capital Group, Inc. The firm strives for greater transparency and collaboration across the functions of capitalism in its efforts to support sustainable growth and development. Prior to launching Cornerstone, Erika was Managing Director and Head of Global Sector Research at UBS Investment Bank. She chaired the firm’s Global Investment Review Committee, and served on the UBS Securities Research Executive Committee and the Environmental and Human Rights Committee of the UBS Group Executive Board. She was named one of the nation’s “Top 50 Women in Wealth” by AdvisorOne in 2011 and as one of the “Purpose Economy 100” in 2014. Erika is a founding board member of the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board, a member of the program design advisory council for Harvard Business School’s executive education program on “Innovating for Sustainability” and a member of the World Economic Forum. Her work has been featured by Investor Relations Magazine, the Financial Times, The Guardian, Bloomberg BusinessWeek, Wharton Magazine and Forbes. Erika inspires, advises and speaks at venues around the world, including the UN Global Compact, Rio+20, the Wharton School, the New York Stock Exchange and the Organization of Economic Cooperation and Development.
About Cornerstone Capital Group
Founded in 2013, Cornerstone Capital Inc. is a New York based financial services firm that proves cutting edge investment banking and strategic consulting services – and soon will provide unrivaled investment management advice. The mission of the firm is to marry the discipline of sustainable finance with mainstream capital markets. By including the systematic analysis of environmental, social and governance factors into the investment process, the Cornerstone Capital Group is able to advise both investors and corporations on how to optimize their financial and business decision-making processes. Cornerstone’s Board of Directors, Global Advisory Council and Staff partner with organizations including the World Economic Forum, the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board , and the Principles for Responsible Investment to work towards collaboration and transparency in the global capital markets.