There is increasing recognition globally that environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors are relevant and material for investment decisions. If you are involved in the world of finance, the words “sustainability” or “ESG” have either crossed your desk or are about to.
For investors that are new to the topic, this report will serve as a primer that provides a basis for additional avenues of inquiry. For those that are already familiar with the subject, this report will act as a supplement and may offer new or different perspectives on the most critical issues.
More specifically, this report is designed to:
- Analyze the drivers for ESG integration in mainstream financial markets
- Provide a succinct overview of the players in the space
- Discuss methods focused on integrating ESG in the investment process
- Identify and address misconceptions about the added value of ESG
- Provide additional, in-depth resources on various elements of the topic
Michael Shavel is a Global Thematics Analyst at Cornerstone Capital Group. Prior to joining the firm, Michael was a Research Analyst on the Global Growth and Thematic team at Alliance Bernstein. He holds a B.S. in Finance from Rutgers University and is a CFA Charterholder.
Margarita Pirovska is the Policy & Sustainability Analyst at Cornerstone Capital Group. She has over 12 years of experience in international energy markets and sustainable business, working for GDF SUEZ, the International Energy Agency, and Gaz de France. Margarita has a Ph.D. in Economic Science from the University Paris Dauphine, a Master’s in Industrial Organization and a BA in Applied Economics.